Friday, January 19, 2007

My Pseudo Tai-Tai Lifestyle in HCM City! ;)

Never would I have thought that coming to Vietnam would include my training to be a Tai-Tai (lady of leisure)! well, not totally, but almost!! hehe ..

Being an extremely lazi person, asking me to do a facial is akin to asking me to eat bittergourd. I will do it onli if absolutely necessary. Massages, manicures, pedicures...I will probably do it if I feel the need to pamper myself and if it is realli convenient. My beauty regime was almost non-existent.

WELL, coming here has been a real eye-opener. Suddenly I am swept into the world of creams (face, body, eye, lip, hands, nails etc), solar defense systems(sunblock for face, body, boosters etc), spa essentials(hydro mineral salts, exfoliant scrubs etc). hair care... all to ensure that U, as a Yuppie, have to be in tip top shape and there is no excuse if u let yourself develop a freckle, acne skin or congestion on your face! 8(

I have never been so confused and yet intrigued. Staying with 3 other women who religiously apply a whole range of creams day and night somehow rubbed off me. Like osmosis or diffusion, I started observing and learning. Now my stash of creams can be proudly called a "range".


I am READY! I can defend all parts of my body fr the sun..ensure my skin is hydrated, reduce the chances of fine lines in my face...all part of my regime to become the yuppie Tai-Tai! haha...

To understand why I can upkeep this "lavish" lifestyle, take a look below.


Here is one of the 3 salons we own. It is on the same level as my office at Saigon Trade Centre. It has 12 rooms and its where I get my facials, waxing, and massage fixes! Wen I feel the need, I just pop by and do the deeed before gg back to office, extemely convenient yah? hehe...

Situated 2 doors down is the Hair Salon we own. This is where I can get my manicures, pedicures, hair treatments and even a mini back massage when required! When we have any formal dinners or events, we can easily pop in for a makeover and a chic hairdo before gg off...convenient to the max and so Tai-Tai hor?!

Last Thots of being a Pseudo Tai-Tai:

After almost 4 mths here, it is safe to say that I am definitely more knowledgeable in prolonging the "fountain of youth". I am definitely more discerning and KNOW when a therapist is doing a good job or just going through the motions.

Well, my life will return to "normal" and non Tai-Tai once I return back to good 'ol Spore. sad sad.. UNLESS DH (Dear Hubby) is willing to sponsor my beauty regimes?!! :) hehe...Yes, No, Maybe?

No comments: