Thursday, October 11, 2007

Crash Test Mommy...

I always watch this TV show Crash Test Mommy on Discovery Home and Health where a person gets to experience the life of a "mother" for 2-3 days. This person will normally be the sister or mother of the "mother". They would normally start off by saying things like " I can't understand why her house is always in a mess etc"...and end off by saying " I am sure I can do a better job than her". The person will normally end up emphatising with the "mother" on how taxing her job is and understanding why the house will never be neat. Basically most of them kinda wanna give up after 1 day with the kids!! They also can't wait to return the kids to the "mother". Scary leh!! Whoever says working is easier than staying at home to take care of kids must be joking!!!

From this, I never underestimate how stressful it is for my elder sis who has to stay at home w 2 hyper kids. I learnt to be more understanding where the "state" of her house is concerned cos I personally witnessed the 2 kids messing it after she just cleaned up! hehe..

My siblings and I always try our best to relieve my sis of her kids to give her a break. Of course now that I am pregnant, I can't handle them alone as u need to be able to be really alert to "catch" them when they slip away.

Last weekend, my mum brought Anna and Elijah to my place and I decided to be brave and bring them to cut their hair. Note that Elijah has refused to cut his hair on many occasions and I decided that it was worth a challenge to see if I can make him change his mind! Of course, poor Anna who did not really need a hair cut gamely went along with being a "good example" for her younger bro by cutting her hair first. See the pics below for their facial expressions!! I need to qualify that he tried to run out of the salon many times and I had to force him back in. In the end, he sat on my poor mum's legs and my mum had to endure stray hair all over herself while restraining him!! hehehe..the job of a grandma is def not easy!

All in all, I am so glad I finally helped my sis with this errand though I am not sure if the haircut was that nice since he kept twisting his head left and right! The hairdresser also got quite confused on which side he cut already! kekeke..


As I am able to spend more time with my niece and nephew during this time, I try to meet them as often as I can. I anticipate that there will be at least half a year where I will be so sleep deprived that I can't function so I wanna play with them while I can! :) Here we are at Ikea with 2 of them playing at the children's section. Cute hor??

It is always so easy to "return" the children back to the mother after one whole day of fun. I guess my life will change dramatically pretty soon...:)

No comments: