Monday, September 10, 2007

Phase 1 : A new life in the works!

As many of my friends and family can see by now, I have developed a bump! A bump which contains a little life that is currently 22 weeks old. It is definitely an amazing thing I must say since I am the one experiencing all the weirdest sensations and changes to my body! hehe...

You would think that after seeing so many pregnant women around, and hearing the equally horrifying stories, you would be kind of prepared of what was to be expected.

My first 3 mths which incidentally is called the 1st trimester, was pretty rough.Unluckily, I was not one of those lucky ladies who breeze through pregnancy without a hitch. I had all the works! Morning/Evening sickness, dizziness, fatigue , vomitting and all the weird ass symptoms you read in books...phew! It was amazing how a person can still stay sane after going through all these!!

Of course, I was still in Perth when I started off with all these symptoms so it was extremely tough on my hubby. Thank God it was winter in Perth so the weather was cool enough for me (preggers have very high body temp!) and I stayed in a peaceful place so it was very comfortable for me. Having to "tahan" my vomitting bouts was enough to turn me off food and it was difficult to find food that suited me. All the thoughts of ingesting nutritious food and all for the growing foetus was not even in my priorities!! Instead I ate biscuits, cereal, potato chips, chocolates and fruits ...all other food (especially after I cook them) just made me wanna puke..*grimace*. My hubby tried to cook but he had to air the kitchen or eating area before I could eat..I suddenly developed this extremely keen sense of smell where any food/cooking smell made me puky ..sheesh...It was unbelievable to me at that time that a person can feel that way...and I can imagine how frustrating the people around me must feel!!!!

I kept reading that the symptoms of the 1st trimester would disappear by 2nd trimester so that gave me hope that it would all pass sooon! I then came back Singapore so that I could have the proper checks from my gynae here. It was still my first trimester...and though it was just 12 weeks..I was literally counting down the days. I was still sick in Singapore and the humid weather and city noise made it worse. It did not help that I was alone as my hubby as still in Perth.
I was really glad I had a great family and a great friend(who was also pregnant)'s support as I was too sick to even cook or walk downstairs to buy my own food. At that point, I found it incredible that women actually wanted babies and some even had more than 1!! Why does one have to suffer through all these mental and physical discomfort for 9mths? As I was eating some medication to stabilise my pregnancy, I was literally feeling "pissed off" and in a PMS mood every day due to the medication. Gosh... I can imagine what a pain in the ass I must have been to everyone around me. I felt so bad especially since my siblings tried their best to accompany me and got their heads bitten off by me! And for no apparent reason, I would start crying uncontrollably!!! hehe.... I scared my dad who walked into my room once and saw me crying like there was no tomorrow! He must be thinking when he would need to admit me to a mental institute...*hyuk hyuk*

Special Delivery all the way from Perth from my hubby to cheer me up!!

At that point I was confined to bed (doctor's orders) since my pregnancy was unstable and did not contact any of my friends. It was tough for me as I was a very energetic person who walked a lot and did lotsa stuff. When the 1st trimester was finally over (at 12 weeks), I magically woke up from this "bad" mood that was eating at me. I guess stopping my medication helped a lot too. Yahoo!!!!! I started feeling like a "normal" person again, but with a bigger tummy and decided it was time to tell the world that I was back in Singapore!!!

No comments: