Thursday, May 10, 2007

Carrot Cake..ang moh style

I love Carrot Cake..both the western and eastern type. Going to Dimsum to eat the steamed radish cake or having tea in a cafe eating Carrot Cake just lights up my day. *drools* Doesn't take much to make me happi eh? well, lest you tink that all I tink is FOOD .. the reason why I am attempting to make this cake is becos there is a sale at Coles! The Carrot Cake mix is half price! * whoops u can see my 'aunty' signals going off*

This is one of the mega supermarkets similar to Carrefour in Singapore. The two other huge supermarts in Perth are Woolworths and IGA. It's soo fun to walk around and see the aisles of food...I know I am not the only girl who loves going to supermarkets to window shop the food items..but at least I am brave enuff to admit it! :) hahaha..

Well this is one of those "cheater" cakes where I use the cake mix. I decided to alter the cake a little by adding walnuts, raisins, choc buttons and grated apples. I did not make the icing on the top as I was not too keen on it. The cake turned out ok...The grated apples and raisins made the Carrot Cake moist and overall the taste is good...but not to the standard of Cedelepot(cafe in Singapore) yet...I guess I must make the recipe from scratch to see if there is a difference. But I must say using a cake mix is such a breeze...esp on the washing!

Here are my pix of the Carrot Cake:


No comments: