Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sour Cream Butter Cake

I bought a tub of sour cream for baked potatoes, a dip for french fries and for my tortilla chips (yum!). I was clearing stuff from the fridge and noted that the expiry was nearing..aargh!Why do I always buy such a large tub?! It was a cool coincidence that I came across a recipe for a Sour Cream Butter Cake. I was a little apprehensive but decided to try it..so that I can use up the sour cream asap. heheh..I also halfed the recipe , just in case it wasted weird. I altered the recipe and put dark chocolate in the cake similar to a marble cake. Hmmm.. sour cream in a cake..interesting...


I started off putting the batter in cupcakes then I realised how tiring it was swirling the melted dark chocolate into each tiny butter cake mixture..it was even worse as I was using mini cupcake liners! Being a teeny wenny lazy, I decided to pour the rest of the mixture into a loaf tin.


Here are my pics- Surprisingly, the cake tasted smooth and buttery. The dark chocolate I used was a great contrast. Too bad I halfed the recipe ...now my hubby is asking me to make it again!! *grin*


No comments: