Thursday, May 10, 2007

Home cooked goodness..

Some home cooked food I made (those that I rememberd to take a photo!)..

1) Home made fluffy pancakes..almost can rival Macs Hotcakes!
2)Mini Chicken Pies ..using a muffin tray to bake! Ingenious idea huh..heh. This time round, the chicken pies are successful and tasted great. Feedback from "testers" were it tastes better than Jesters Pies (famous pie shop in Perth). "grin grin*

3) Chicken Pie Foldover (using the left over filo pastry from the above pies, I pieces them together and tried to form an acceptable shape)..not that bad an effort huh..tasted great too! 4) Laksa Delight! ..made this laksa using a pre-mix of course...a touch of local delight for my hubby..
5) Honey Snaps ... made these using a Donna Hay (famous Australian food stylist) recipe. Alas...tho it looked fantastic, I found it to be realli difficult to eat! meaning, once the honey hardens, its like biting a rock! not joking..onli way to eat it is to heat it up. Not too sure if I did it correctly but the cookies are turned out a lovely brown colour, smelled great but tasted BLAH....will not make these again!
6) Apple Ham Salad ...using crunchy Granny Smith apples, ham, lettuce, hard boiled eggs, I concocted my own dressing using vinaigrette, mayo and sour cream (all low fat of course!). Tasted delicious!

7) Garlic Bread ...buttery warm garlicky bread....yum!
8) Minestrone Soup .... wanted to make a healthy soup filled w Veg so decided to make this soup to complement the garlic bread.
9) Burritos.....discoverd tortillas was something both my hubby and I liked so I decided to see the different ways I can make diff dishes/fillings with it. Wen warmed in the oven, with melted cheese..the tortillas are fantastic!
10) Lamb Ragout - had lamb leftover from a BBQ so decided to make a ragout (similar to a stew)...yummilicious!








No comments: