Sunday, April 22, 2007

Banana Walnut Cupcakes...Yummy!

I have always been a sucker for Banana Walnut Muffins..especially the huge ones that you see at Starbucks or coffee places. I was really excited when I saw a bunch of overripe bananas when I was checking out baking ingredients in the kitchen. What luck! I can finally make Banana Muffins!

Next..need to get an easi recipe for Banana Muffins/Cupcakes. I quickly surfed the web to visit a few food bloggers recipes.Thank God for the internet! Found a simple Banana Cupcake recipe that the food blogger claimed was her mum-in-law's traditional recipe. Hmmm sounds great! Definitely worth a try..

I quickly assembled my ingredients and in less than an hour, aromatic banana cupcakes emerged. The banana cupcakes were moist, fluffy and yummy! What a wonderful recipe! :)
Ingredients:
21⁄4cups (295g) flour
2tsp baking powder
2tsp bicarbonate of soda
1⁄2tsp salt
1cup (210g) sugar
240g unsalted butter
4 eggs, beaten
4 bananas (roughly 375g), mashed
5Tbs milk
1tsp pure vanilla essence
Walnuts for topping

Method:
1.Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a medium bowl.
2.Preheat Oven to 180˚C
3. Cream butter and sugar until creamy white. Add beaten eggs a little at a time. Beat well after each addition.
4.Add vanilla essence, milk and mashed bananas.
5.Fold in flour and blend well.
6.Pour mixture into muffin cups and top each cupcake with walnuts. Bake at 180˚C for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog searching for this receipe.. and im so happy i did.You have written it in simple words and is conscise for a starter.
Happy Baking to you!!!:)