Monday, April 9, 2007

A CNY Break in Perth

After my working stint in HCM City, I took a 2 week holiday during the CNY period in Perth,Australia. The main purpose of the trip was to visit my hubby who is currently based in Perth AND more importantly, to cook for him (yeah rite!hah). It was my 2nd trip to Perth..my first trip being 16 years ago wen I was realli young...I was excited to see how the city has changed, especially the shopping scene. *oops now u know my main motive for going Perth*

Here are some pics of the self service apartment I stayed. It is situated abt 5 min walk to the Perth City. Very Convenient! U muz be wondering why "self service"..well this is the economical version of the service apartments. All the required cleaning/washing materials are available so u have to clean up on your own. The kitchen was well equipped. It was mini home away from home.

When my hubby was not working, we took the opportunity to explore Perth. I am not very into touristy spots so we just went where the Aussies went...in a bid to understand their culture. :) We did not take a lot of pictures tho..here are some of them.

We visited Swan Valley where there any many vineyards. The vineyards were so beautiful.. we even found grapes hanging above our heads...so nice! We managed to buy a bunch of juicy grapes and a bottle of wine.




We also managed to visit the Margaret River Chocolate Factory at Swan Valley. Yummy-licious chocolates were available in buckets for tasting! The ice cream was yummy too. Sigh..sinful goodies galore...makes me feel like a character in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.



It was Summer, how can we not go to the beach? Below is Scarborough Beach, next to Cottlesloe beach. Wat a beautiful day w surfers and sun worshippers... ermm hope i dun get new freckles! *cross fingers*


During lunch one day, we went to Cicerello's for our Fish & Chips. It was crowded w Aussies..I am sure it must be one of the more popular joints. We ordered the spicy fish and chips as the original one looked a little boring...it was great! Though the fact that you need to purchase tiny packs of tartare & chilli sauce kinda puts me off..sianzzz...


No comments: